You know those nights when you get home exhausted from a grueling day at the office, and cooking dinner is the absolute last thing you want to do? But then you don’t want to order out because you’re trying to save money and be healthy so inevitably an internal struggle ensues? That happened to us the other night, and thank god we have this recipe in our arsenal because it is SO easy, a total no brainer, and delicious. Oh, and healthy! It’s a win win. So do yourself a favor, bring this dish into your life, and quiet your mind.
- 3 limes
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1 cup diced peeled avocado (about 1 avocado)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound cooked peeled medium shrimp
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Finely grate rind from limes to measure 1 tablespoon; juice limes to measure 1/4 cup. Place rind and juice in a large bowl. Add tomato and remaining ingredients except tortillas; toss well to combine. Cover and chill for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/2 cup shrimp mixture down center of each tortilla; fold in half. Serve immediately.
Yield: 2 tacos per person