Once a week, my husband and I cook salmon with veggies. We know how important it is to get in your Omega-3s and while it’s not always the most exciting meal it’s healthy and clean. We’ve admittedly been getting a little sick of it though, so I recently went on Pinterest to find a twist on this staple dish.
I came across this Fajita Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter recipe and since we love Mexican spices it was a perfect combo. This dish is super easy to make and packed with flavor. The cilantro lime butter is beyond. And also let’s face it, you could put fajita seasoning on pretty much anything and it’ll be transformed. The blog I got this from suggests you can serve this on tortillas, rice, etc but we kept our commitment to eating clean and just ate the salmon with the veggies. We also cut everything in half and I simplified the recipe below.
Don’t be intimidated by the list of ingredients, you probably already have a lot of this stuff! Enjoy!
Fajita Salmon with Cilantro Lime Butter
Ingredients for Salmon/Veggies:
- 4 6 oz. salmon fish fillets
- 1 package McCormick Fajita seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 bell peppers, sliced (any color combo)
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- First, prep the marinade as you’ll want to marinate the salmon for 30-60 minutes. To do this, whisk together all the marinade ingredients and dump into a ziploc bag or shallow dish. Reserve one tablespoon for later. Add the salmon and marinate for, as I said, 30-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Whisk the fajita seasoning with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Add onions and bell peppers to baking sheet and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning along with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil and and 1 tablespoon reserved marinade. Toss until evenly coated then spread on the baking sheet.
- Put the veggies in the oven and roast for 5-10 minutes.
- After 5-10 minutes, take the pan out of the oven and move veggies to the sides. Add salmon to the middle of the pan and rub with the remaining fajita seasoning.
- Put salmon and veggies in the oven for another 12-16 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Toward the end of that 12-16 minutes, make the cilantro lime butter by melting butter in a pan and add in lime juice, cilantro, and salt. Don’t burn the butter! Do this on very low heat.
- Once the salmon and veggies are done, spoon cilantro lime butter evenly over salmon and serve!
- Option to serve salmon and veggies in tortillas or on rice or salad with toppings of choice such as black beans, tomatoes, avocados/guacamole, sour cream, hot sauce and additional freshly squeezed lime juice if desired etc.
Makes 4 servings.