Does anyone else feel a bit “heavy” these days? For me, I find it really hard to eat healthy this time of year. There are so many temptations all around and I crave nothing but hearty dishes and rich hot chocolate. But it’s important to find the balance and find ways to get your greens in. So last night, I decided to lighten things up and make a chicken dish that I found in my Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine. This dish is one of her “30 minute meals” and does stay true to that. So take a break from indulging and enjoy this! I made some asparagus to go alongside, and served on a bed of spinach.
Pistachio-Crusted Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup shelled pistachios (make sure they are salted)
- 1/8 cup white sesame seeds
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. of ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. of lime zest
- 1/8 tsp. of cayenne
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
- In food processor, pulse together the pistachios and sesame seeds; season
- Coat chicken with nut mixture and transfer to the baking sheet
- Pop in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients together and season
- Pull the chicken out of the oven, service on a bed of spinach/greens and drizzle with the sauce.
Makes 2 servings.