Making it a point to go to the grocery store, plan our menu for the week, pack our lunches, and cook our dinners is something that my husband and I strive to do every Sunday. However, there are just some weekends where that ain’t happening. We travel a ton, and sometimes getting home late on a Sunday night after a weekend away really hinders things. This is a dish we constantly turn to after such a weekend because I always have the ingredients. It takes about, oh, fifteen minutes to make and it’s really delicious. Hope that you enjoy!
- 6 ounces of whole wheat angel hair pasta (a handful)
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 pound of raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3/4 cup of dry white wine
- Red pepper flakes
- Cook the pasta al dente, drain and save 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, saute the garlic in the olive oil for about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp, wine, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Simmer until shrimp are opaque and then stir in the butter.
- Toss the pasta with the shrimp mixture, let the flavors absorb for a few minutes.
- Hit it with some parmesan cheese, and you’re golden.