I’ve recently been on the prowl for some good low-carb recipes, as I like to balance out my pasta dishes. To get some good ones, I turn to the South Beach Diet Cookbook which never lets me down!
I’m utterly exhausted after this weekend. Before trudging to Whole Foods to get groceries for the week, I found this recipe that seemed low maintenance…perfect for my tired state. Fast, super healthy, and happy to report, really delicious! Definitely a good recipe to add to the rotation. Enjoy!
South Beach Diet’s Chicken Tri-Colore
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic gloves, peeled
- ½ green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ yellow bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch of arugula
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- In a bowl, toss the chicken with salt, oregano and pepper.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil over low heat. Add the garlic and cook, about 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the garlic and discard.
- Increase the heat to medium. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown. Tranfer to a plate.
- Add all of the peppers, and add another shake of salt. Cooking over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the peppers are crisp.
- Add the argula and cook, tossing, until wilted, for about 1 minute. Return the chicken to the pan, sprinkle with the vinegar and toss to combine.
Makes 2 servings.