Mexican food is certainly a fan favorite in our house, but other than tacos we rarely cook it ourselves. I find a lot of recipes to be complicated and unhealthy. My fiancé came across this recipe, however, and it’s become a staple because it’s so simple and filling. With the cream cheese and breadcrumbs you could argue it’s not terribly healthy however we use reduced fat cream cheese and whole-wheat tortillas. You can also always choose whole wheat bread crumbs. Either way, it’s a vegetarian dish and only takes about 15 minutes to make total. So there ya have it! Enjoy.
- 8 small whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 package of reduced fat cream cheese – softened
- ½ cup red peppers, chopped
- ½ cup green peppers, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup jalapenos, chopped
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix chopped vegetables with cream cheese.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on tortillas.
- Roll tortillas and cut each of them into 6 pieces.
- Bake the tortillas for 7-10 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Sprinkle top with bread crumbs
Makes 4 servings